Yey! I have been given this award by two very lovely ladies; Kate at All Five Horizons and Caroline at Second Hand Shopper. Of course it is brilliant that people out there seem to enjoy reading my blog (although, I suspect there may be a little bias where these two are concerned) and I am very grateful for my award. But I do have to admit that I didn’t really understand the concept (sometimes my shine’s a little dim). I appears to be a little like a chain-letter, but a nice one. I used to ignore chain letters when I was young because I found them a little intimidating, but I like this idea of spreading the love.
Kate, Cie of course I think you should both have blogging awards in abundance, but it may be a little pointless to send this back. I have also tried not to duplicate any others you have tagged. I am assuming that’s not going to cause some kind of black magic to occur – do I need to spin on the spot and chant the devil’s name to counteract anything? Need to check these things out.
But as with anything there are rules to follow:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award;
- Share 7 things about yourself;
- Pass the award to 15 blogs you enjoy and let them know they’ve been given the award.
So here goes.
Seven things about me (that hopefully you didn’t already know) . . .
- I love rhubarb. Not cooked or pied, but picked straight from the garden and dipped directly in the sugar pot (whilst sitting on the kitchen work top – very important). There is something fantastic about eating this sweet and sour lip purser.
- It is thought I am a little Dyslexic. I have always struggled to read accurately and at pace until a couple of years ago when an optician really quizzed me about my vision. She suggested I might be and prescribed lenses for someone who is. According to various official surveys it is highly likely, but the cost of actual diagnosis prevents me from finding out. However, the tinted lenses are incredible and do the job just fine.
- I would like to own a Beagle called Eric or four cats named after characters from Alias (Milo, Marshal, Dixon and Bristow!)
- I’d like to see the Northern Lights and a midnight sun (cheekily squeezed two in one). I have seen some truly amazing sights but I seriously think these two would take the biscuit.
- My favourite job ever was working as a waitress. I had so much fun and it found for me the confidence I lost through high school. The ‘posh’ wedding blouses however, I could leave.
- When I was born my Grandma had never heard of my name before, so told her Mother’s Union friends I was called Nutella.
- I would like to experience a Victorian Christmas. Not so much the child beating and poverty, but the velvet capes and horse drawn carriages in the snow. Carols sung around a giant Christmas tree while chestnuts and all yummy things roast near by. All terribly romantic and fairytale.
So that’s my link made in this awarding chain mail. So now, for my victims! I am passing on this award and sharing the love to the following fantastic bloggers (I promise only good things will happen, even if you don’t send this on. But be wary, I read somewhere that true love or happiness often depends on the completion of similar chain letters!)
And the award goes to . . .
(Mr Reeve, I do not anticipate this to be followed up, but felt the need to award you for your wonderful site and point more people in your direction!)
This list is by no means exhaustive, click through my blogroll to find other worthy writers. Please do not feel offended if I have not included you – its quite hard to pick a list! Feel free to pass on the award to other blogs and see just how difficult it is!