I have far too many books. Steve has far too many books. Our house is breaking under the weight. So I need to get rid of some of the ones I am unlikely to read again. This is not to say that the above books are not enjoyable, but they may be better loved elsewhere!
If you would like one of the books, please email me with your postal address (see Contact) and the first request for each will be posted as soon as possible.
- The Undrowned Child by Michelle Lovric : Mermaid fairy-tale adventure set within an extremely detailed Venetian history. One careful owner.
- The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger: International-best-selling-time-travel-heart-wrencher. Complex narrative with an engaging twist. Two relatively careful owners.
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater: Emotional teen werewolf drama. No vampires. Very enjoyable just not my genre. One careful owner, but may contain a few grains of Welsh sand.
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne: Classic American ‘love story’ set in Puritanical village with hypercritical morals. Star crossed lovers and all that. One careful, but quite bored, owner.
- Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire: The alternative Cinderella story told in historical context with Maguire’s usual writing style. Hard going but a great concept – perfect for all fans of Maguire or fairytale escapades. Ex-charity shop book but well looked after, gorgeous cover.
I know I probably haven’t done a great job in ‘selling’ these books to you, but they are undoubtedly of interest to someone. My favourite of the five was definitely Shiver but it is simply not a book I will read again (not a huge werewolf fan). I would very happily read Linger and other books by Stiefvater, I just don’t think I will keep them forever. I don’t want/need anything for them but always happy to be recommended new books to fill my house with! Hopefully, my clear out will be a semi-regular thing so keep an eye out for any future book swap posts.