Well, whether or not he realises, but today marks five years together with my boy! I’m not sure where the last five years have gone, but they have certainly been eventful. So for today’s post, a little randomly, I thought I would share some lists of five!
Five Reasons I Love My Boy (there are more, but that defeat the point of the post!)
- The way he supports ANYTHING I want to do with my life, in so many wonderful ways.
- The way he can have me in stitches over the silliest and most ridiculous things.
- Those cups of tea when I am feeling poorly.
- The little ditties he sings in a morning – usually inserting one or both of our names into an already known song!
- For putting up with my irrational outbursts, persevering with my low self confidence and helping make me the stronger person I am right now! (I know that’s probably three in one, but they are all connected!)
Five things I’ve done this morning:
- Read three chapters of A Thousdand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Eaten bread
- Had a cup of tea
- Watched Escape to the Country (and ranted at the people – again!)
- Decided to clean the study!
Five books I have read more than once:
- The Sheep Pig by Dick King-Smith
- Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Order Of The Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- The Witches by Roald Dahl
Five plans for the future
- To watch The Sound of Music at Birmingham Hippodrome tonight.
- Move to the North West.
- Publish a book!!!
- Have a lovely big kitchen with an oversized farm house table.
- Win the lottery! (back up if I can’t get my books published!)
Five ‘secret-shame’ films
- Fools Rush In
- Top Gun
- The Truth About Cats and Dogs
- Robin and the Seven Hoods
Five favourite presents from my boy
- My Blues Clues pose-able-eared dog (the first thing he ever bought me!)
- My silver and blue enamel bracelet from China.
- The long legged, silly, stripped Mirage Giraffe.
- The Quentin Blake limited edition print from The Witches by Roald Dahl
- My Peter Smith painting, A Fool’s Moon that I get to gaze at whenever I am sat in bed!
Five books I have read recently
- The Girl Who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson
- Confessions of an Ugly Step Sister by Gregory Maguire
- Shiver by Maggie Steifvater
- Chocolat by Joanne Harris
- The Silver Blade by Sally Gardner
Five drinks I couldn’t live without
- Water – obviously!
- Orange Juice
- Cherry Lucozade
- Thatcher’s cider!
Five elements that make for a good relationship
Five picture books I adore:
- Tuesday by David Weisner
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- Scardy Squirrel by Melanie Watt
- Click Clack Moo Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
Five Characteristics I pride in myself
- Caring of all around me
- Ambition to live a life free of regret
- Hard Working in anything I set my mind too
- Loving without condition
- A sense of humour that compliments my desire to live a life filled with smiles and laughter.