I love my boyfriend, I do, but he is very good at showing the world today’s word . . .
‘Disdain’ meaning scorn or contempt, originally came from the Old French, desdeign. This was based on the Latin dedignari, made from de – meaning, ‘expressing reversal’ and dignari, meaning ‘to consider worthy’.
Urban Dictionary Definition:
- Intense scorn: Extreme contempt or disgust for something or somebody. It’s pretty much the same as dispising someone.
- to look on with scorn; seggragation; to be haten’
- That slightly mocking tone in which many of my friends converse.
- What you feel when you encounter someone truly stupid.
- What Steve ‘jokingly’ looks at me with (at least I hope it is jokingly!)
- A feeling that has grown in me the more I realise a lot of people just don’t seem to grow up, but continue to live as if they are still the cool kids at school.
- A very cutting look.