Today I’m full of this word . . .
Comes from the Latin distract! Who knew?! Its Verb stem was distrahere made from two words; dis meaning ‘apart’ and trahere meaning ‘to pull’. So, to be distracted actually, in its original use means ‘to be pulled apart’. Not quite what’s going on today, rest assured I am still in one piece, but my plans for the day thus far have successfully managed to fall by the way side.
Urban Dictionary Definition:
- When you are in class and the girl in front of you is wearing a thong (depending on your orientation, obviously)
- To be thinking about the boy or girl who you fancy so much, that you cannot really concentrate on anything else.
- One of the few acceptable reasons for flaking on a friend.
- being stoned; a way to describe being stoned to people that may not approve of marijuana use.
- Looking at pictures of Vegas on Google instead of writing.
- Being so excited by my summer holiday that I simply cannot concentrate.
- Finding countless chores to do in order to avoid something difficult.
- The Gilmore Girls.
- This Blog.
- Blog searches.
- This list.
- The sunshine!