All I want to do today is . . .
It was Erasmus Darwin, evolutionist and Grandfather to Charles, who first coined this word. He based it on the Latin hibernare which simply meant ‘to spend the winter in a particular place’, deriving from hibernus just meaning ‘wintery’.
Urban Dictionary Definition:
- A severe case of marination. To sit idle for hours upon hours in a chill or relaxed state.
- when a huge bear like human sleeps for 19 consecutive hours
- A friendly word used to signify when one gets beat, most commonly in a game.
- My favourite thing to do; also known as a Duvet Day.
- A cold day in the house in which I must wear; two pairs of tights, thick socks (possibly two), jeans, 2-3 T-shirts, jumper (preferably with hood), over cardigan, scarf, fingerless gloves and two blankets just to keep the blood pumping.
- What the cat seems to do everyday!