Because tonight we are going to Stratford . . .
This word comes from the Old French theatre which came from the Latin, theatrum. This was derived from the ancient Greek theatron. All derivatives of this word mean ‘a place for seeing things’.
Urban Dictionary Definition:
- Where actors act on stage.
- The home of all those thousands of people who just aren’t good enough to get into the movies.
- To act, participate in, or work in a play or scene for money.
- Drama, of all designs.
- Some of the most moving experiences of my life.
- A place with incredibly uncomfortable seats.
- A place we are going tonight to watch King Lear.
- A puritan no-no because it was full of whores and strumpets!