Steve is coming . . .
From the Old English word ham connected to the word hamlet, which we know as a small collection of houses. It is related to an ancient Germanic word, Heim.
Urban Dictionary Definition:
- A word that means something different to each person who uses it. A person’s home can be the place where they live, the place they grew up, or the place where the people they care about live. In the case of some people, home is a variable concept, changing dependant on the placement of another person or object, or a person may even consider his or her own body the only ‘true’ home.
- A place that you feel comfortable in. Usually a home has family, friends, and whatever makes that person happy. A house isn’t necessarily a home if there are no friends, school, job, etc. that makes the individual happy.
- short slang term of the word “homo”
- My Mum’s house.
- The little nest I’ve made for myself, with the obvious inclusion and help of Steve.
- There’s no place like it! Get those ruby slippers clicking!