Very simply, the word comes direct from the French word mocquer meaning ‘to ridicule’.
Urban Dictionary Definition:
- To treat somebody or something with scorn or contempt.
- Mimic somebody: To imitate somebody in a way that is intended to make that person appear silly or ridiculous.
- To prevent something from succeeding in a way that causes frustration or humiliation.
- To provoke or annoy someone.
- Rural inbred farmer, Uncultured, ignorant & oblivious to all when intoxicated. Travel exclusively in large groups when away from their natural surroundings. Tend to wear tight haircuts & identical shirts with sleeves rolled up. Often found brawling outside bars and clubs.
- Potentially, Steve’s favourite hobby.
- Pretending to be something you’re not.
- A bird that mama bought me.