A little uninspired, but hey . . .
Word Origin: The Old English word Sæterndæg or Sæternesdæg literally means ‘Day of Saturn’ in celebration of the Roman God of agriculture, harvest, justice and strength.
Urban Dictionary Definition:
- To many Saturday is the best day of the week. Often there is no work, no school, nothing but a free day to do what you need to take care of, or have fun. Saturday’s are what people work towards. Saturday’s do go fast however.
- A nickname given to a woman who engages in heavy drug use and loose sexual conduct on a daily basis. The term is used in stead of the woman’s actual name because it is said that she parties like it’s Saturday everyday.
- Of the Christian Calendar derived from the Gregorian Calendar to correct alignment to the Vernal Equinox with March 21 and Easter.
- The day on which she is visiting her good friend’s the Sherries and their little baby boy!
- The day of the week on which one loses their boyfriend to Fantasy Football, football on the telly and/or radio, internet poker and newspaper reading.
- The seventh day of the week which is often set aside for household chores and none writing activities.
- A day to allow one’s brain to be complete mush.